Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Life

This is for my own journal keeping. So don't feel like you have to keep reading. I'm a little behind in the updating area so I decided it's time to catch up on and record the major things that have been going on in our lives since Thanksgiving. Wow, I have a lot of back tracking to do.


1. Bret's parents came down Nov. 15th and stayed until the 21st. We played a lot of cards, ate, and just relaxed. We had a great time so I'm hoping they did too. I also got one of the best pedicures of my life and Bret had fun golfing with his dad and brother. It's always nice having them down here. They're so fun to be with, and we love visitors!


2. Thanksgiving - My family made the trek to Arizona for Thanksgiving. It was so fun having them here. They were here Nov. 25th - 29th. Thanksgivng would have been so boring and pointless if they weren't here. We would have been eating Ramen Noodles for our Thanksgiving dinner. :) Luckily my mom helped me prepare my first Thanksgiving meal and I think it turned out pretty well. We hung out the rest of Thanksgiving day and looked through the ads. We began making plans for BLACK FRIDAY, which is tradition in my family. We had a long, but fun night ahead of us.


Black Friday - Bret and my brother Tyler went to the mall at Midnight to shop and to pass time while the rest of us slept until 2:30 am. Wal-Mart was our first stop since it opened at 3 am. We scoped it out, and then we left Bret and my dad to wait in the GPS & DS lines. The rest of us departed to Kohl's, which opened at 4, and then returned to Wal-Mart to check out the DS and GPS (which started at 5). It's good we had 6 of us, or we would've been stuck at every store for hours. I got in the check out line at Wal-Mart and was one of the first people so we were in and out in about 10 minutes. Not bad timing at all. After Wal-Mart, Bret, dad, and my brothers went to Sports Authority while my mom and I made the trek to Home Depot (both opened at 6 am). Once again we pulled off the line trick, one person grabs the item while the other waits in the check out line. After Sports Authority and Home Depot we made 1 final stop at Staples. After Staples we decided it was time to eat and then go to bed. We ate at the Black Bear Diner. Then, we all came home and crashed. It was a long, but exciting night. I can't wait until next year. :)


After we woke up, we went to the movie Blind Side. What an excellent movie! Later that night we traveled to the Mesa Temple to see the Christmas lights, and they were beautiful. On the way we stopped at "Organ Stop Pizza" and ate. I would reccomend trying Organ Stop Pizza at least once if you come to Arizona. It's a pretty cool place to eat.


Saturday we watched the BYU v. Utah game, played tennis, and swam later that night. I beat my 17 year old brother - and don't worry...I was 4 1/2 months pregnant. He'll never live that down! :) Sunday morning my family left. Our fun time was over. We weren't going to have visitors for awhile.

It's a good thing we will be the visitors in UT next Month!

No comments: